Rebekah Golden gave us a very informative presentation on foundationless beekeeping. Most common to top-bar or Warré hives, you can even go foundationless in Langstroth hives.
Here are some helpful tips for reattaching broken or crazy comb in a Langstroth hive. Photos courtesy Susan Rudnicki.
1. Broken or cross comb removed from frame.
2. Frame placed upside-down in holding fixture.
3. Comb placed upside-down in frame against “top” bar, and inside rubber bands.
4. Zip-ties used to secure comb in place to keep it pinned against top bar.
5. More zip-ties.
6. Trim tails off zip-ties.
7. All done and ready to be returned to the hive.