Bee School 2024
If you're interested in bees and want to learn more about how to become a backyard beekeeper, this Bee School will be a great tool to help you get started. Experienced beekeepers and mentors from the Portland Urban Beekeepers club will be providing instruction and training, and will help you through the common questions and concerns of a beginner beekeeper. How much space do you need? What kinds of equipment? How much will it cost? What can you expect your first year? How and where do you get bees? And so much more!
Registration for class includes:
- 7 hours of instruction on Saturday February 24th from 9am to 5pm at Tabor Space (5441 SE Belmont St, Portland, Oregon). If you can’t make the in-person class you can view a recording of the class.
- Access to a recording of the class.
- 1 year membership in Portland Urban Beekeepers, $25 value.
- Access to the PUB learning/hands on apiary on scheduled apiary days. (Usually 1st and 3rd Sunday mornings, spring, summer and fall.)
- Dewey Caron's best selling book and most recent edition of Honey Bee Biology and Beekeeping, 480 page hardcover, 3rd edition. (Normally a $120 price if purchased seperately without club discount.) You will receive your book at the class or if viewing the class recording, you’ll receive an email with instructions to pick up your book.
Class will cover: Intro to beekeeping, equipment, obtaining, installing, and caring for your bees, 1st year management, feeding, and pest management.
Click the PUB Bee School button on this page to begin registration.
Portland, OR 97215